Wednesday, March 26, 2003

Clipping In

Yesterday (24/3/03) was also the inaugural SPD Clip-in. I've had the pedals and shoes for a while and was going to use them with Vulcan for commuting to work. The fear of the SPD always got the better of me and so never tried (the pedals were an expensive reminder of this every time I opened my cupboard).

Sunday night, Martin had changed over both of our shoes so that the cleats were there ready to go and we'd experimented sitting on the bikes and clipping in (the bikes at this stage were still living in the spare room). So Monday evening was the big day to actually ride round the back streets of Harrow clipped in. You know what - it was a breeze! I'm still surprised at how easy it is. The aim now is to make sure we don't let complacency in and stop somewhere and have a "timb-ahhhh" moment of just falling sideways on the bike.