Sunday, June 08, 2003

How to not unclip your cleats and have a majorly bruised elbow....

I am typing under duress at the moment as my elbow is majorly swollen. We went to our old flat in Northolt as the contract company that I used to work for has sent my P45 and P60 there... even though I hadn't lived there for two years. Anyway, there were no occupants there at the time, so it was a wasted trip on the way to our friends, Pauline and Mark's place for a BBQ. Anyway, I was trying to balance on the pedals so I could nip quickly out when the traffic cleared... anyway, gravity and laws of motion got involved when I slowed down too much and I fell over before I could get my feet out primarily landing on my left elbow (and unfortunately my arse). Both are bruised with my elbow looking like an extra limb from the prosthetics used in the elephant man film. The only upside is that I will have a spectacular bruise in a couple of days.

So that's twice now that I've not unclipped in time. Thankfully both in no traffic with me overlooking the fact that I don't have as much skill as I though I did... oh well, I'm sure the message will get through to my brain at some stage.