Friday, May 02, 2003

Streamlined and Goodbye Vulcan :-(

Wednesday was my day to get streamlined. The brunette locks have now fallen from my head and my hair is now the shortest it has ever been possibly except for the couple of months post-birth. Quite a strange feeling. After a couple of days I've stopped doing double takes in the mirror and using excessive amounts of shampoo in the shower. I'm sure I'll be quicker on the hills now....

Yesterday was my last ride in on Vulcan. He's going to a good home with my colleague Karen. I tried to get him up Sudbury Court Drive in a record time but wasn't able to keep the pace up for the final third. Oh well, we've come a long way from my initial attempt where I only got one third of the way up..... It was only just over a year ago where I was excited to just make it up the hill without stopping!